Want to make the Internet better?
We do too. And we’re looking for people to help us. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future too.
We’re looking for an Engineer who is passionate about writing code. Wakes up excited about development, testing and documentation. Falls asleep at night dreaming of ways to enhance existing software. Someone who can bring creative ideas, energize a team, take some risks, and challenge our thinking. Below are the details, but if you are passionate about what you do – we want to talk to you.
The position is for a Software Engineer to join our Technology Division. The candidate will be working as a member of a team that will be designing, defining and creating new components of our websites.
- Collaborate with other team members to create user interfaces.
- Implement the presentation and display logic for new platform features.
- Maintain and make use of re-usable interface components.
- Ability to implement code to improve overall responsiveness and performance of web pages.
- Create verification tests and repair defects.
In addition the candidate should possess all or most of the following technical qualifications:
- Knowledge of server side technologies such as Java, PHP, Ruby and Scala.
- Understanding of OS fundamentals, command line tools, and basic shell scripting.
- Familiarity with and usage of OSS in a production environment such as Jquery, OpenGIS, DoJo, OpenLayers, MooTools.
- Experience with SVN, ANT, GIT and or general configuration management methodologies.
- Ability to create and implement cross browser HTML/CSS/JS.
- Web Based GIS technology experience a plus
- Software Development Process:
- Agile development experience/knowledge a plus
MapQuest Valued Behaviors:
- Must be willing to take ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- High energy with a positive attitude
- Eager and willingness to learn.
- Ability to take direction.