Want to work in a startup-like environment that already has a very strong brand, has 36M monthly unique visitors and is one of the top 25 web properties?
MapQuest is moving beyond only maps and directions, looking to transform itself and retake it’s rightful place as an industry leader in the mapping, local discovery and travel space. In order to finish the transformation to a fact-paced innovation machine, MapQuest is looking to add talented and energetic people. Located in beautiful Denver, MapQuest offers a fast-paced, creative work environment with perks that only Colorado can offer.
If you want a challenge and the chance to be a part of potentially one of the greatest turnarounds stories in the tech industry, this is the place for you.
While every day as is different, this is what your responsibilities include:
- Email Marketing Strategy – Working with the marketing and product team, you’ll be a driving force behind the company’s short and long term email strategy. As a data-driven, creative thinker, you’ll make recommendations on how the company should best grow and optimize both transactional and marketing emails across all MapQuest products.
- Get It Done - As lead of the day-to-day email program, you’ll develop, execute and optimize MapQuest’s email marketing initiatives. Working with the mark-up designer, you’ll maintain the email platform, including automation and other key elements.
- List Growth and Management – Using internal and external resources, you’ll manage strategy for lead generation and analyze subscriber data to identify segments.
- Analytics, Analytics, Analytics – Working with the analytics product manager, you’ll create and monitor ongoing reports that track, monitor and improve upon granular and high-level metrics through testing. Using analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, CRM tools and social media management tools, you’ll analyze and constantly test new email content and format.
- All Other Things Marketing – As the business continues to grow, your responsibilities will also continually evolve and grow too.
- Have 3+ years in results-driven email marketing (travel and/or ecommerce experience a plus)
- Are positive and energetic with a can-do, professional and responsible attitude
- Are ROI-obsessed, constantly interpreting data to continuously iterate for improvement
- Are highly organized with strong project management skills and ability to multi-task
- Have great written and oral communication skills
- Are a creative thinker with an affinity for learning new technologies
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with ability to be flexible, think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail
- Are independent and self-directed with a team-oriented personality
- Platforms – Email (Responsys, SendGrid, etc), Social (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc), Content (WordPress, etc), Analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred