Do you have a passion for testing? Are you a team member that loves bringing quality minded thinking to tools, scripts, and test cases? MapQuest is looking for a Software Test Engineer with a proven track record of bringing increased attention to quality on enterprise web applications through automated regression testing, and manual exploratory testing.
The MapQuest Web team is adding a Test Engineer to perform a blend of test planning, manual testing and to contribute to an existing automated regression test suite. The ideal candidate will bring a mindset that is about testing, breaking and writing code that will draw out cases that disrupt the user and his workflow. The Test Engineer is a facilitator of risk mitigation. We find and report bugs, review automated test results, and increase test coverage as a part of the Software Engineering team.
We are looking for candidates that are highly curious, intelligent, and creative. Our Test Engineers are empowered to be able to rely on automated tests for the mundane regression checking, and to perform intelligent exploratory testing in browsers, risk analysis, and thinking about our features from the user point of view.
What kind of tasks does the Test Engineer do?
- Test Engineers are responsible for the overall width of testing and coverage
- Test planning and risk analysis
- Review specs, designs, code, and existing tests
- Create and walk through user scenarios
- Test case creation and execution
- Routinely ensure the software meets user-story acceptance criteria by testing and reporting issues
- Testing across multiple browser/OS combinations, including mobile devices
- Contribute to building, reviewing, and extending unit tests, midway tests, end-to-end tests
- Experience and/or history of manual Software Quality Assurance testing on enterprise websites
- Understanding of OS fundamentals, and command line tools
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of cross browser differences
- Mobile application testing
- Usage of agile dev tools like build servers (jenkins), code coverage (karma-coverage,simplecov), and static analysis (jslint/jshint)
- Experience with enterprise testing tools like (webpagetest, selenium grid, appium for mobile)
Software Development Culture & Quality:
- Agile/SCRUM development process
- Pull/code review or paired programming
- Scripted deployments
- Build servers
- Source management with git
MapQuest Valued Behaviors:
- Must be willing to take ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Strong problem solving and analytical analysis skills
- High energy with a positive attitude
- Eager and willingness to learn
- Ability to take direction
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Software Test Engineer