MapQuest engineers design and build some of the most trusted and best known location apps in the history of the Internet. Our navigation experts work with both open source and commercial spatial data to create innovative solutions for travelers on the go. By mining the millions of daily queries done on MapQuest, we’re able to build elegant algorithms that help consumers feel like a local in any neighborhood. And because MapQuest is available through both .com and iOS/Android devices, you’re working on one of today’s best-integrated road-trip ecosystems.
MapQuest is seeking an exceptionally talented Scrum Master who will provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and coaching skills supporting the development of our mobile software applications.
The successful candidate will be a subject-matter expert, have excellent logic and problem solving skills, and a drive to make a difference. They will be responsible for enforcing the rules of Scrum (the MapQuest Playbook), removing impediments from their team while promoting self-management and constantly improving our standards of work.
- Act as Scrum master for 2-4 scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work.
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective, and sprint demo.
- Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog groomed
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing
- Strengthen the presence of our team as an Agile center of excellence. Actively contribute to the company’s Agile and Lean Community.
- Keep the rest of the company network aware of our activities.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an agile/scrum/kanban/XP environment, preferably in a variety of situations
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Certified scrum master/scrum practitioner
- Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form
About AOL: At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission – to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
To apply – send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Scrum Master”