Want to work in a startup-like environment that already has a very strong brand, has 36M monthly unique visitors and is one of the top 25 web properties?
MapQuest is moving to be more than only maps and directions, looking to transform itself and retake it’s rightful place as an industry leader in the mapping, local discovery and travel space. In order to finish the transformation to a fact-paced innovation machine, MapQuest is looking to add talented and energetic people. Located in beautiful Denver, MapQuest offers a fast-paced, creative work environment with perks that only Colorado can offer.
If you want a challenge and the chance to be a part of one of the greatest turnarounds stories in the tech industry, this is the place for you.
As the Marketing Manager, you must be digitally-savvy, hard working, energetic, organized and creative. While every day as is different, this is what your responsibilities include:
- Inbound Marketing – With support from the design, PR and product teams, you’ll create, execute, manage and report on effective and highly engaging campaigns, to run across social media channels, blogs, email and other outlets to produce measurable inbound traffic. Content can include anything from video to paid advertising to infographics – whatever is proven effective.
- Product Marketing – Working closely with the product managers and copywriter, you’ll help advise product on strategy and promotion to meet each product’s KPIs.
- Brand Marketing – As the MapQuest brand evolves, you’ll work to get the message out through traditional and non-traditional means using your creative, analytically driven mind.
- Analytics, Analytics, Analytics – Track and monitor the effectiveness of initiatives using social media measurement tools, Google Analytics, CRM tools, Hitwise, Omniture and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, effectiveness, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives. Must be able to report campaign results to management.
- All Other Things Marketing – We’re looking for a team player that’s excited to do anything and everything that helps the business grow.
- Have 3+ years online marketing experience with a strong focus on social media
- Are positive and energetic with a can-do, professional and responsible attitude
- Are ROI-obsessed, constantly interpreting data to continuously iterate for improvement
- Are incredibly creative, constantly coming up with out-of-the-box ideas
- Are highly organized with strong project management skills and ability to multi-task
- Have great written and oral communication skills
- Are a creative-thinker with an affinity for learning new technologies
- Have strong relationship building skills, including ability to inspire and coach others
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with ability to be flexible, think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail
- Are independent and self-directed with a team-oriented personality
- Have the ability and experience in developing creative, engaging and effective marketing campaigns with results (some Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint)
- Have in-depth knowledge of and experience with online and social measurement platforms (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, comScore, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Marketing Manager”.