Moving the business beyond just maps and directions, MapQuest is looking to transform itself and retake its rightful place as an industry leader in local discovery and travel. In order to finish the transformation to a fast-paced innovation machine, MapQuest is looking to grow and expand the mobile engineering group with the addition of a Senior Software Mobile Engineer.
We love to invent experiences that surprise and delight our customers as we help them along their daily travels. We solve interesting, real-world challenges in geospatial, navigation, travel, local search, advertising, LBS, and micro-transactions on all the major mobile device platforms of every form-factor. We work as a team grow as a team, and succeed as a team.
You’re an engineer looking for a career where you’ll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You are passionate about mobile computing and want to disrupt the world of application development on mobile devices. You want to build rich customer experiences, utilizing to the fullest possible extent all the cool hardware on the device. You want to work on projects that require creative thinking and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You’re a thought leader, but you don’t just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by building the solution. Last but not the least; you have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- 1-2 experience building complex mobile applications on Android , iOS, or Windows Phone platforms that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm – design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one modern object oriented language such as Objective-C, Java or C#
- Proven track record of delivery
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Experience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24×7 environment
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware and databases
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Mobile Engineer”