MapQuest Awards 199 Amazon Coins for In-app Purchases
DENVER (June 16, 2014) – MapQuest, Inc., today launched a weeklong promotion offering 199 free Amazon Coins, Amazon’s virtual currency used to purchase apps, games and in-app items, to users who download the free MapQuest navigation app within the Amazon Appstore from a Kindle Fire or other Android device, along with the purchase of an an MLB team kit.
How It Works
To unlock the 199 Coins reward, Kindle Fire or Android device users must download the MapQuest navigation app, select and purchase an MLB team kit to customize their app, then select where they want their Amazon Coins to be rewarded.
Part of its official partnership with MLB.com, MapQuest’s custom-branded MLB team kits are available for in-app purchase ($1.99) and include:
- Team colors and map icons: Customized with team’s colors and four logo options
- Baseball-themed progress bar: Customized industry-first ETA status bar with a baseball icon
- Field wallpaper: Background menu image
- Team start screen: Team loading screen (Android only)
MapQuest’s Navigation Apps
MapQuest recently updated its mobile navigation app within the Amazon Appstore featuring a personalized navigation experience that’s both easy-to-use and safe for everyday drivers. The app better connects people to the maps and routes that shape their everyday lives, with features including:
- High-resolution vector maps: Beautifully designed maps offer improved quality and resolution, enhanced zoom features and new cartography
- New interactive map layers and customizable category buttons: These features make finding nearby business and popular locations quick and easy
- An industry-first ETA status bar: A status bar informs users of time and distance to their destination, as well as anticipated in-route traffic
- Advanced navigation features: Voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation and real-time traffic re-routing
- One-click point of interest and location sharing: Send location or destination information out via social media, SMS or e-mail
“Working with Amazon underscores MapQuest’s vision to provide and enhance local discovery at every corner across every device,” said Brian McMahon, general manager, MapQuest. “For nearly two decades, we’ve put the consumer at the forefront of our business and we believe this customization feature is one more example of providing our community with great experiences.”
To download MapQuest’s free navigation apps and to select a favorite team experience, visit the Amazon Appstore to get started.
# # #
About MapQuest, Inc.
MapQuest provides Internet, mobile and business solutions delivering on the promise of helping people dream, plan, share and go wherever the map meets their life. MapQuest is one of the leading mapping brands online, reaching 40 million multi-platform users, according to comScore Media Metrix MultiPlatform. MapQuest’s mobile solutions are compatible with a variety of mobile devices, including iPhone and Android devices. MapQuest, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL), is based in Denver, Colo.