New application is the next evolution of maps and directions on the iPhone.
MapQuest 4 Mobile for iPhone Fact Sheet
DENVER, CO – June 15, 2009
- MapQuest 4 Mobile for iPhone is available for download on the iPhone App Store here.
- This free application represents a leap forward in how people interact with maps, directions and local search on their iPhones
MAPQUEST 4 MOBILE FOR IPHONE KEY FEATURES:
Easy one-tap search for popular business categories and brands:
- The place carousel on MapQuest 4 Mobile for iPhone is an easy option for people to conduct one-tap local category searches.
- This is also a contextually relevant and non-intrusive way for businesses to promote their brands.
- The place carousel features icons, called ‘place widgets,’ that represent categories such as hotels, movie theaters, gas stations and more.
- There are also icons for leading brands, such as, Walmart, Autozone and Best Western. iPhone users can customize their place carousel with any of the 20 + place widgets available, with more to come in future releases.
Convenient options for creating and following routes:
- MapQuest 4 Mobile for iPhone provides several innovative features such as an easy and intuitive interface that makes the best use of the iPhone’s large screen and unique user interface.
- For trips that include more than one stop, MapQuest 4 Mobile on iPhone offers multi-point routing and draggable re-ordering capabilities.
- Driving directions can be read in landscape or “Max Maneuver” mode in which each maneuver fills the entire screen.
- Simply “swiping” the screen to the right or left progresses to the next or previous maneuver.
Integration from MapQuest.com to MapQuest 4 Mobile for iPhone:
- This is the first iPhone application to integrate directly with the web-based mapping experience—allowing users to plan their trips on their computer and easily access their maps and directions while on the go.
- Users who have saved maps and directions to their My Places account on the MapQuest.com site can access them directly via their iPhone through MapQuest 4 Mobile.
Customize “my position” icons:
- Users can also customize the icon that represents their location on the map, either with a stock “My Position” icon that is chosen from a list of options or by using their own photos.
- Smooth panning maps, live traffic, free-form search, GPS to identify user’s current location and much more
Demo Video, Images and MapQuest’s blog:
- MapQuest 4 Mobile is also available on BlackBerry smartphone devices. For more information regarding MapQuest 4 Mobile visit wireless.mapquest.com.
- MapQuest also has a local search page optimized for the iPhone and Android platforms and can be accessed at local.mapquest.com on each phone’s Web browser.
Sterling Communications for MapQuest